- Where do all these ceremonies take place?
Our ceremonies can be conducted on Goan beaches, hills, in restaurants and hotels. Usually we do it on Morjim, Ashwem or Mandrem beaches by default. These beaches are the least crowded in North Goa. We can also make it in South Goa if you wish.
- Why is a wedding in South Goa more expensive than the one in North Goa?
The majority of our employees and vendors as well as our storage and all equipment are based in North Goa. The price for South Goa goes up accordingly to the transportation costs.
- Is the marriage certificate that we get legal?
No, the ceremonies are symbolic. The certificate is not legally valid.
- Which style is better for the ceremony?
We can offer Indian or Western style ceremonies. If you have already had a Western style wedding at home, it may be interesting for you to choose the Indian variant. If you haven’t, then a classic ceremony on a beach is also a good option. You can have a mix of both or ask us to create a wedding is your own style.
- What is the difference between Western (European) and Indian ceremonies?
For the Western style wedding, we usually use an arch on the beach. The master of ceremony pronounces a speech, the bride and groom exchange rings.
The Indian ceremony takes place in a tent conducted by Indian brahmins. During the ceremony, the bride and groom worship Indian gods, exchange garlands, walk round the fire, etc.
- What rituals does an Indian wedding have?
The essence of an Indian wedding is a puja (worship) to Indian gods who guard the family, bringing it prosperity and luck. First, the bride and groom make their own pujas, then the brahmins sing mantras pronouncing them man and wife, after that the husband makes a puja from him and his wife.
Besides, you exchange flower garlands during the ceremony, color the bride’s hair, put rings and bracelets.
- How soon will we get our photos and videos?
Retouching photos usually takes from 3 to 7 days. You get them on a pen drive, but we can also send them to you by e-mail. For videos, it takes 1 or 2 months.
- When is the peak season in Goa? When is it better to celebrate?
The best time for visiting Goa is from October till March. The sea is calm, the air is hot, no rains. This is also the time we work.
- In which language are the ceremonies held? Will we get an interpreter?
For the Western ceremony, you get an English-speaking Master of ceremony. Our photographers, cameramen and stylists also speak English.
As for the Indian ceremony, the most part of it is in Sanskrit. The brahmins show you what and how to do and explain the meaning of the rituals in English. Also, a coordinator is nearby to answer any of your questions.
- We also want to have a dinner. Is it possible?
Of course, it is. We can also decorate the site for your party and invite DJs or musicians.
- We want to get married on some special date like December, 25 or February, 14. Is this possible?
Yes, it is, but these dates are very popular, so you better book in advance.
- How can I book?
You need to fill in the form here or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will there be other people on the beach? We don’t want anyone to look. Can we find a secluded place?
Yes, there can be other people on the beach and cafes nearby. We choose the least crowded beaches, but still there are no beaches without anyone in North Goa. For those who want privacy, we can offer private beaches in South Goa.
- What does a dot between eyebrows mean? Will we also get one?
This dot in called bindi. It means that a person has done a religious ritual. You get them on Indian ceremony.
- What kind of shoes shall we take?
Most of our ceremonies take place on a beach, so choose those which are good for walking in the sand. If you want to wear high heels, we can offer you a red carpet.
You need to be barefoot during the Indian ceremony.
- What do sari colors mean? Which one is better for a bride?
The most popular colors for a wedding sari are red and orange. Men’s outfits can be of any color, but most grooms opt for beige and golden. We can offer you lots of saris of different colors and accessories for them.
- What color is the arch or tent?
You can choose the colors yourself to trust our taste.
- What flowers can you offer for a bridal bouquet?
The regular bouquet is usually made of roses or gerbera daisies with baby’s breath, still grass, asparagus, fern. For the lux bouquets, we can use orchids and lilies. Other flowers are carnations, chrysanthema and anthuriums.
- What is mehendi? What does it mean?
Mehendi is decorating hands and feet with henna patterns. There are different styles of mehendi paintings. Various patterns can mean prosperity, fertility, love, harmony etc.